Friday, July 17, 2015

Édith Piaf

Édith Piaf is another of my favorite singers. I am listening to "Éternelle Édith Piaf" now. It is a collection of some of her biggest hits. One of my favorites is "Non, je ne regrette rien." One of my favorite lines "Je me fous du passé." This is how I feel about a lot of things. I try not regret anything, but I regret more things I did not do of things I did. Another of my favorites is "Hymne à l'amour." I particularly like the idea of doing anything for a man I love. "L'homme à la moto" is a song about a man who rides a motorcycle. Musically "La foule" is among my favorite songs. She died in 1963. I saw her grave in Paris in 1979, and it was covered with fresh flowers. There were several women paying homage to her. She was another singer who had a voice that seemed bigger than life. I can see why she is so popular in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment