Friday, July 10, 2015

Musings on My Name

I know it is silly, but I still think of changing my last name to Smrt. It is more for the sound of the word, but it is also for the meaning. It does not really connect to my first name. With it people will not be as confused with the spelling as they are with the spelling of my first name. I do not know how many times I have had people online spell my name Vik instead of Vlk. I guess they expect a vowel there. I doubt that I will do it.Maybe I could use Vlk Smrt as a pseudonym. I would not use it to hide my identity. I am very open with who I am and what I think. I have never regretted changing my first name from Harry to Vlk. I never used that name. I would still keep my middle name, Bruce. I wish I could get people who have known me for a long time to start calling me Vlk instead of Bruce. There are a very few people I do not mind calling me that or Brewster (or Brucester as some ave spelled it), but  that is a small number. I do not feel like the same person I was before I changed my name. There are people who have only known me as Vlk. When I meet new people that is how I introduce myself. I feel a connection with wolves. They are often misunderstood. They are loyal. They also have a strong hierarchy. I am not an alpha wolf, but I would gladly be submissive to the right alpha(s). Czech and Slovak are languages to which I feel a special connection. (I still want to know why we use the Polish word, Czech, in english.) I hope never to stop growing and changing as a person. There are some basic things that remain unchanged, but I do not want to become stagnant. I hope to remain a perverse, radical queer.

Na shledanou.

No comments:

Post a Comment