Thursday, September 24, 2015

Escala, Mina, etc.

I am listening to Escala. I listen to this CD when I want a good laugh. It is not intended to be funny, but there is something about their earnestness that I find hilarious. If you do not know, they are an English string quartet who plays classical and popular music. They have all performed in orchestras. I am not saying that they do not have talent. They definitely have talent, but their performances are over the top. I find their recording of "Live and Let Die" hilarious. They seem to take themselves too seriously.

Now I am going to listen to Mina. I definitely want to find more of her music. The first song I heard by her was "Insieme." The CD to which I am listening is entitled "Veleno." Among my favorite songs are "Succhiando l'uva" and "Il pazzo." Her latest CD was released in 2014. She has been performing since 1959. "D'amore non scrivo più" is a beautiful song." I could listen to her for hours.

Why is it that people talk about Obama being accused of being a Muslim. That makes it sound like being a Muslim is a bad thing. I think it would be better to say that there are some people who claim that he is a Muslim. One does not accuse someone of being something good or neutral. We need to choose our words more carefully.

Gute Nacht, miei amici.

No comments:

Post a Comment