Saturday, September 19, 2015

Manic Mike and the Mood Stabilizers

I recently discovered the music of Manic Mike and the Mood Stabilizers in a group on Google+. I was initially drawn to listen to their music by the name of the band. The first song I heard by them, Contempt for Capitalism,"deals with working a low-paying job where workers are treated like shit. I am listening to their music on Soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/manic-mike-1). The lyrics are more easily understood than the lyrics of hardcore music usually are. One of my favorites in addition to the one mentioned above is "No Hard Feelings, Just My Hard Dick." The lead singer is straight, but he does sing about a subject I enjoy, a hard dick, even though it is in a heterosexual context. The music is fun. It lives up to the name of the band. I will be spending more time listening to their music.

No comments:

Post a Comment