Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The Tourists, My Sweetheart, and more

I am listening to The Tourists' Greatest Hits. Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart were members of this band before performing as Eurythmics. One of their biggest hits was a recording of "I Only Want to Be with You." They were a couple when they performed with this band. Dave Stewart joked that they were one of the few couples who broke up then became famous. I have two CD's of their music, their greatest hits and "Reality Effect." Annie Lennox's voice stands out in their songs. She is a very talented musician who plays multiple instruments. Dave Stewart also plays multiple instruments. The Tourists's music focused had less of an electronic sound than Eurythmics' music did starting with their second album "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)." Their first album as Eurythmics, "In the Garden" also had a more organic sound.

I was not able to get together with my sweetheart today. He was going to have today off from work, but they asked him to go in today. Nobody showed up to replace him, so he had to stay longer than he had planned. Hopefully we will be able to get together next Tuesday. I miss him.

I went to Subway to get a sandwich, but when I was paying for my sandwich the card reader was not working, so I had to go somewhere else to get something to eat. I went to Chick-Fil-A. That is not a place where I like to eat, but it was one of the few places I could afford today. I had what was supposed to be a spicy chicken sandwich. It was one of the worst things that I have ever eaten. The only taste I could really discern was the taste of salt. The chicken tasted like it had been fried in oil that had been used too much. The chicken did not taste like any chicken I have ever tasted before.I am not sure what it tasted like, but it was not the taste of chicken. I left a comment on their website. I do not plan on going back. Another reason that I avoid eating there is their anti-gay stance.

I got a voicemail from the Arkansas guy. I only listened to the beginning. He started out by calling me a drama queen. Aside from him there has not been much drama in my life. He seems to like to stir up drama.

Gute Nacht

No comments:

Post a Comment