Monday, September 14, 2015

Tublatanka: Gold

My CD "Tublatanka:Gold" arrived today. It is sort of a greatest hits collection from the Slovak heir-metal band Tublatanka. The earliest song was released in 1985, and the latest is from 1993. There are videos for some of their songs on YouTube. Anybody who has watched the movie "Hostel" has heard their song "Pravda víťazí." It plays during a scene that takes place in a club in Bratislava. I was introduced to their music by a friend about twelve years ago. I wish I knew more Slovak so I could understand their lyrics. I can understand a word here and there, but Slovak is one of the languages I would really like to learn. I think I would have enjoyed seeing Tublatanka in concert. I enjoy their music a lot.

Dobrú noc, moji priatelia po celom svete.

No comments:

Post a Comment