Friday, September 18, 2015

Manau: Fest Noz de Paname

Manau is one of my favorite hip-hop bands. I did not know anything before seeing this CD in a Borders store. I wanted to hear some new French music, so I took a chance and bought the CD. I was happy that I took the chance. I love the music, the lyrics and the instrumentation. One of my favorite is "Tout le monde...(a besoin de tout le monde.)" It is a positive, but I am not sure I need everybody. There are some people with whom I would rather have to deal. "Faut pas faire chier Mémé" is a hilarious song. It is about a Mémé you it would be better not to fuck with, because she is armed and is not afraid to use her gun. Their song "Je jazz les couleurs" introduced me to Dee Dee Bridgewater. She is a great American jazz singer who sings in English and French. "Des kilos is another funny song about losing weight. "Dafunkamanau" is definitely a fun song. Among their instruments are bagpipes, harp, violin, bombarde, Jew's harp, accordion, etc. Some of their songs are moving. I never get tired of their music.

No comments:

Post a Comment