Monday, September 29, 2014

Boarding-House Memories

I lived in a rooming house for a little bit longer than a year after getting out of the hospital. I do not remember exactly how long it was. There were people constantly moving in and out of the house. Most of the people I did not get to know very well. Some I got to know a little better. I stayed away from the landlord as much as possible. He was a homophobe.
There were a couple of guys who lived there most of the time I lived there. One went from job to job cooking in restaurants. He sometimes tried to buy Thorazine from me. Why someone would want to take it recreationally I could never understand. He drank heavily. One time the landlord was bringing someone into the house to show her a room. As they were approaching the house this guy threw an empty beer can from his second-floor bedroom window. (She did not move in.) We talked about music occasionally. I had vinyl albums, and he offered me $100.00 for one of mine. I later found out that this was about five times what the record was worth. He was living there when I moved in, but I do not remember if he was still there when I moved out. The other guy who was there when I moved in and was still living there when I moved out was also alcoholic. He had difficulty keeping a job. He eventually got a job buffing floors in grocery stores. People in the house would pitch in money to buy food, and he would sometimes cook. (While I was living in the house his brother went with a concealed gun into a bar. While he was there he got into an argument with someone. He shot and killed the guy. He died while in prison.) The floor buffer wasn't a bad guy, just not very interesting.
Another guy who lived there seemed like a typical redneck. He was a likable guy, but he claimed to be a member of the KKK. After he moved out of that house he moved into another rooming house. The landlord of the house where I was living heard from the landlord of the other house that the redneck really liked black. (My landlord started to say that he was gay, but he could not say the word. He said that he liked men a lot.) Anyway the other landlord said that he would frequently go with black men into their rooms and the door would be closed after they entered the room.
There was a guy I don't remember very well except that he would sometimes give me a ride to the grocery store. I do remember a funny story he told me. He was in a grocery store waiting in line at the cash register. He was wearing sweat pants with no underwear. A friend of his came up behind him and pulled his pants down. He said he was so embarrassed he never went into that grocery store again.
There was a young woman in the room next to mine for a brief period of time. Her boyfriend moved in with her. The landlord was not pleased, he wanted the rooms to be single occupancy unless higher rent was paid.  She moved out. After she moved out her grandfather was looking for her, because she had borrowed his truck but failed to return it.
A guy then moved into that room. When we met he said that we were going to have an affair. He talked about having girlfriends, but he was not dating his latest when he moved in. We eventually became friends. He talked about his being bi. He had not graduated from high school, but he had intelligence. One evening we went out to a restaurant to eat, and we bought a six pack of beer to drink afterwards. I had not planned on having sex with him, but I found out during the course of the evening that he wanted sex. We did have some naked time in his room, but he did not want to do it again. He started seeing his girlfriend again. She called me the good fairy until she learned that I had sucked his cock. Needless to say we did not get along after that. Several times after that there were times that he was supposed to have a date, but he cancelled the dates to do something with me. Once it had snowed, and he told her that he could not go out with her because of the snow. He then took me out shopping. The times he did this he would always say something to her about having taken me out somewhere. He was often very tender towards me. Sometimes I would be walking behind and he would unexpectedly turn around and kiss me on the lips. Once we went to a mall, and a lot of the time he placed his hand in the small of my back. He was alcoholic. (A lot of the people who lived in the house were.) His girlfriend started to be verbally abusive towards him. She would say that he would never be anything without him. He eventually developed hives, which later cleared up when he broke up with her. After I moved out of the house he was still living there, but we would still get together from time to time. I was living in a house with someone with whom I had hoped to have relationship, but it did not work out. Once the two of them had an argument, because I was going out with the guy from the rooming house. A few times we went out together to a secluded area of a lake where we swam naked. There were times I should not have gotten in the car with him driving. Once I got in the car he said, "Why do I get a hard-on whenever you get in the car with me?" When he took me home that night he went into my room with me and we took off our clothes. He did not cum. He said later that he was afraid that if he came in my mouth he would fall in love with me. He moved out of the area, but he wrote me a few letters. I stopped hearing from him. I still do miss him.
Well, back to the rooming house. There was another alcoholic living there. He had been married, and I seemed very straight. He would get drunk, and he would be belligerent with everyone but me. I wondered why he would still be nice to me when he was fighting with the others. Then one day he told me that the first time he saw me he had wanted to fuck me. We did fool around one time, but he said he realized he was straight. I think he just didn't like giving head. He moved out of the house, but he visited a few times. Usually he would say that he loved me. I lost touch with him.
There may be more boarding-house memories later.

No comments:

Post a Comment