Tuesday, September 16, 2014

It Is Better to Move Towards Something than Away from Something

I have found that if If I move from one place I am always happier if I am moving towards something or someone instead of moving away from something or someone. When I went to Prague, my main motivation may have been mistaken, but ultimately I was hoping to move into a new life in Slovakia eventually, I knew very little about the country, but I wanted to learn the language there and discover the culture. When I moved to Kansas I moved to be make friends with people there and to seek a job. I later moved to Rhode Island to be with someone I thought loved me. I will write more about this later. I moved to get away from him. I want to move back to Kansas to be close to three friends who are there. These are three friends from work who were not afraid of what other people would think if they saw them with me. This means a lot to me. I was very out at the job, and some guys would only speak to me if there was no one else around. These three never worried about that. I am still in contact with them. I know these friends would stand up for me if the need arose. Friendship like that is hard to find. Yes, I do want to move away from where I am now. Partly because of difficulty in finding a good job and friends, but it is more to be back close to these friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment