Monday, September 8, 2014

No Parking

When people ask me what my sign is I usually say "No Parking." I started saying this as a joke, but I think it is true. In life we either go forward or backwards. Of course I prefer going forward. We cannot stay in the same spot. I do not want to stop learning, trying new foods, hearing styles of music I have never heard before, stretching my horizons. I want to travel and improve my knowledge of other languages. One of the things I completely enjoy is being able to practice other languages. I love meeting people with whom I can share my love of languages. I also love meeting people with whom I can share my interest in different styles of music. I cannot understand anyone not being willing to try to see things from a different point of view.I also enjoy challenging people's presuppositions. One of my favorite quotes is from Frank Zappa, "A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it is not open." It is not possible to learn with a closed mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment