Friday, September 5, 2014

Dreams

I have had dreams that reflect who I am or hope for. I have dreams that have no connection to my life has it is or ever will be. I have had dreams about things that later took place when I was awake.
Once when I was in high school I dreamt I was riding my bicycle up a hill in my hometown. I was riding and talking to someone I had not met when I had the dream. Later I met this person, but I made no connection with the dream. It was only later when we were cycling together and we were going up the hill where we were riding up the same hill that I remembered the dream. We had the same conversation that we had had in the dream.
At times I have had dreams in languages that I do not speak. I sometimes wish I could record the sound in these dreams so that I could know for certain whether or not I am dreaming in these languages. There is the possibility that I am subconsciously remembering dialogue from films that I have seen.
Once I watched a film in Spanish with Russian subtitles. That night I had a dream in which I was writing Spanish using the Cyrillic alphabet.
I watched "Hush Hush, Sweet Charlotte" while putting together a jigsaw puzzle. That night I dreamt that someone had killed me and cut me up, and they could not find all of the pieces.
I once dreamt that I was giving birth. I was in the hospital bed with my feet in stirrups. I mostly remember feeling like I was taking an enormous crap. I do not remember the background story of the dream, and the dream ended before I was able to see the baby.
Some of my dreams are bad jokes. In one there was a woman who was kidnapped and being held on Mount Rushmore. A superhero went to rescue went to rescue her, but when he arrived there he decided to cut the nose off of one of the faces. He was arrested for defacing a public monument.
In another dream I was riding in a car being driven by George Carlin. We were in an accident in which I was killed, but it was not time for me to die. My soul had gone out of my body. I looked for my body, and my soul had to get my body's permission before reentering it. Then my perspective changed so that I watched as my soul and body kissed each other on the lips and merged together.
I have had some very boring dreams. In one dream I just sat and watched myself as I slept. Another dream was an Andy Warhol print of a house on a hill. That is all I saw - the print with Andy Warhol's signature.
I had dreams where I had accidentally got an undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University. These were when I was living in Winston-Salem. I also dreamt that I had recorded a cd without knowing about it until a friend gave me a copy of it.
I have also dreamt that I had fathered children. That is not likely to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment