Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Misadventure with a Baba au Rhum and a Garden Hose and Falling into a Bush with a Beer

During my summer school In while we were in the Loire Valley visiting the chateaux. I bought a baba au rhum in a pastry shop. It was drenched with rum. Some of the rum spilled on my pants. We were in a park. There was a garden hose from which water was peacefully flowing on the ground nearby. I thought I would wet my handkerchief and wipe my pants a little. As soon as I approached the hose it started wildly moving. I thought I could turn the water off, but a wrench was needed to do that. Fortunately I did not get too wet before someone working in the park came to turn off the water. I was trying to be inconspicuous, but that did not last very long.  I was a bit embarrassed to go around smelling like rum. When we went to the chateau we were visiting they were cleaning the chandeliers with rum, so that people did not notice that I was one of the sources of the aroma. (That seems like a waste of rum to me. Rum is another drink I have grown fond of.)
Once I was sitting on a porch watching a friend practice fencing with a foil. I was drinking a Molson Golden or a Labatt Blue. I did not realize that the folding metal chair in which I was sitting was on the edge of the porch. When I started to get up the chair fell into a bush, and I fell with it. The next thing my friend saw was my hand sticking up out of the bush holding the beer. He started laughing. I laughed too. He apologized for laughing, but I said it was funny. I was not hurt. He said that I must be at least part red neck, because I did not spill a drop of beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment