Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Smelly, Dirty Disaster in Rhode Island

At the beginning of 2013 I met a guy on Facebook who seemed interesting. We starter chatting, texting and talking on the phone frequently. More ans more he seemed like the man for me. We started talking about my going to be with him. I wanted to visit him first to meet him in person before moving to Rhode Island, but he was insistent that I just move out. This should have been a big red flag for me, but I ignored my gut feeling that maybe it wasn't such a good idea. I was going to have to find a new place to live anyway. I had told him that I would need time to adjust to a new living situation, and he said that he understood that. He said we give me time. He did not keep this promise. I knew there was a man living with him who cleaned the house and cared for his son. He said that this guy liked to keep the house his own way, and I agreed not to interfere. Nothing was ever said my helping him with this. I was only told to let him do things the way he wanted. After I got there he complained to Jerkwad, the one that I went to be with, that I treated him like a slave, because I did not offer to help. The house was a filthy dump, and I would not know where to start. There were dogs, and their shit was left on the son's floor. Instead of talking to be the Douchebag want to the Jerkwad to complain. I knew that I would be sleeping between the two of them, but what I did not know was that the two of them rarely bathed. I was there for a month and the DB bathed once that I know of. I do not know how often JW bathed, but he slept in the clothes in which he worked. He had a professional job, and he claimed his employers wanted to get rid of him because of his age. I somehow don't think that was the main reason. He had said that there plenty of jobs where he lived, and he would help me look. There were few jobs there, and he said he did not have time to help me look. I did not know the area. He said that DB would give me rides to work, but I did not know what was close by where I could work. He did keep a couple of promises. He did give me a ring, he greeted me with a kiss at the airport and we did things sexually that he had said that we would do. That was not enough. He was a big talker, but he rarely paid attention tho anything I said. Communication involves listening as well as talking. Later he said that I just did not fit in. He made no apology for not keeping promises he had made. I had to close out my 401k to move. The only place I could find to go was back in North Carolina. That is how I ended up in my hometown without a job and eventually without money. I know things will get better. I will definitely try not to rush into another relationship. I am worth more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment