Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Confession: I am a Wine, Beer, Cigar and Cigarette Snob

While people are all born equal the same cannot be said about liquor, wine, beer, cigars and cigarettes. I have said enough for the time being concerning liquor. I will not compromise on the things listed above, being myself, human rights and animal rights. (More about the latter subjects later.)
I tend to prefer French and German wines. I am not going to go into the details of flavor and scent that wine and beer snobs go into. I just enjoy them. People can talk of a hint of this or a suggestion of that, but to me it seems like they are trying to hard to impress people. I am not easily impressed, especially by bullshit. It's ok for people who people who enjoy that sort of thing. It's just not my thing. (I do enjoy reading Beer Advocate though.) I did have an inexpensive wine made from pomegranates. (I cringe a bit inside calling something made from anything other than grapes wine, but that is how it is labelled.) It was from Armenia. It tasted like an expensive wine, very smooth. I also want to try Mladé Vino from Slovakia.
The beers I enjoy most are from small brewers or from Scotland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Russia and Poland. I would like to try German beers in Germany. I am sure that there are better beers there than the German beers sold in the United States. I will only drink mainstream American beers or Corona to please very good friends. I cannot stand the taste of ice-cold beer. The worst beer I have ever tasted was an ice-cold Corona in a frosted mug.There was barely any flavor to it. My favorites, besides those I mentioned before are Velkopopovický Kozel, Baltika and Arrogant Bastard Ale. If I cannot afford good beer I do not buy it.
I refuse to smoke cheap cigars. I am too much of a wimp to handle very big cigars. I enjoy Macanudos and other similar brands. The only flavoring I might want added to a cigar is Cognac. The only cifarettes I will smoke are Gauloises, Gitanes or Camel non filter - well maybe Lucky Strike. I rarely smoke tobacco. I like my lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment