Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Three Odd, Brief Encounters and Another Brief, Memorable Exchange

Once in a mall I saw encountered someone I knew vaguely. She came up to me and said, "Hi Phil." then the said, "I'm sorry. I called you Phil, because Phil looks so much like Jeff." Then she walked off.
Once I was approached by a woman who said, "You're cute. I would like to see you eating a hot dog." She proceeded to ask for some money. I told her I did not have any. Then she said, "You're not so cute."
Once I was in a restaurant with a good friend. We were speaking in French. We were using what would be considered to be some very strong language. Some would say that we were being blasphemous. The waitress, when she heard us, commented, "How sweet." She definitely could not understand what we were saying. She would have reacted very differently if she had.
When I was in college before a class I was talking to a fellow student. She remarked that she was middle aged and did not suffer fools lightly. I told her I wasn't middle aged, but I did not suffer fools lightly. She said, "You're older that I am anyway." She then went on to say that I had an old soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment