Thursday, September 11, 2014

El mundo es ansí

One of the books that had a great effect on me was  El mundo es ansí  by Pío Baroja. It dealt with a group of people who tried to find happiness by travelling to different places. (That is if my memory serves me well.) They sought to find happiness solely by changing their external situation without making any internal changes. This is something I have tried to keep in mind when making any move. If I am not happy with myself it will not do any good to move to another place. Where I am can have an effect on how I feel, but I cannot depend on others to make me happy. Being with friends definitely helps. On the other hand it can be necessary to change one's external situation in order to be happy. A balance is needed.
One of the unexpected benefits that I found on Facebook is being able to practice different languages. It has also been a lot of fun to meet people from all around the world. It has also been helpful in getting reconnected to people with whom I had lost touch. It has also been great to be able to post things there and have feedback from people around the world. It has helped me to feel a little less alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment