Saturday, April 11, 2015

Balkan Beat Box

Balkan Beat Box is another music group whose music I enjoy. Their music combines several genres including Klezmer and gypsy punk. Of course their music has a Balkan influence. Their music makes me want to move. One of the members of the band. Not only are they great musicians they are sexy. One of the things that appeals to me about their music is it does not have a regular 3/4 or 4/4 beat. Their music lends itself to improvisatory dance. It would be fun to see them perform live. I could easily lose myself in their music and forget everybody around me. My favorite song on the disc to which I am listening is entitled "Meboli." It features Vlada Tomova. It has an infectious beat and great sound.

People tend to want to label music, and they only like certain genres. This is true for many things too. I do not want to limit myself to certain genres. I sometimes have to remind myself not to do this. If we refuse to listen to certain kinds of music or read certain genres of books or watch some genres of film we might miss out on something that we really enjoy. I try to enjoy new experiences and try not to say never. There are limits to this. I do not plan on doing hardcore drugs, hurting  or killing other people or animals or having sex with a woman. I am not equating these things. I am just saying that I do not plan on doing them.


No comments:

Post a Comment