Monday, April 13, 2015

Daniel Landa: 9mm argumentů (redacted)

I am listening to Daniel Landa's CD "9mm argumentů." I had listenened to it on YouTube, but it sounds better on CD. The lyrics are included, so I can follow them while listening to the songs. I was happy when I got home and the CD had arrived from the Czech Republic. Before listening to the CD I had been on hold for a long time, and I as irritated. As soon as I put the CD in my computer and started listening to it my mood was greatly improved. I love the music, the musicians playing are great. I cannot comment on the lyrics. My Czech needs a lot of work. I like Daniel Landa's voice. I wish his music was easier to find in the U.S.

The CD opens with Spanish-influenced guitar playing. In that song the word "Arriba" is heard being shouted. That song, "Quantum Tarantuli," is definitely a fun, sort of  Latin-american music with a Czech twist. In the second song, "Kdyby," there are references to Einstein and Rammstein. Along with Daliel Landa's voice. I really enjoy the guitars and piano on this CD. I am not sure what Daniel Landa's political views are, but I am a fan of his music.


No comments:

Post a Comment