Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Queers: Love Songs for the Retarded

The Queers is a band that would be offensive if their lyrics were not so purposefully dumb. They are a straight punk band who has put out a lot of fun music. Mostly their songs are very short. That is not unusual with punk bands. If you are looking for intellectual stimulation with your punk music, look elsewhere. If you want mindless, fun punk music. That is what The Queers are good at. My favorites on this CD are "Fuck the World," "I Can't Stop Farting," "HI Mom, It's Me," "Noodlebrain," Teenage Bonehead," and "Granola-Head." They poke fun at everybody including themselves. I have a DVD with footage of some of their concerts. Musically they play a kind of punk music I really enjoy. Loud, fast, energetic, funny and fun. I wish I could have seen them in their early days in a small venue with good beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment