Saturday, April 11, 2015

Music from Buena Vista Social Club

"Buena Vista Social Club" is a documentary about some awesome musicians in Cuba. It was directed by Wim Wenders. The soundtrack was produced by Ry Cooder. The musicians, considered giants of Cuban music, performed very popular concerts at Carnegie Hall. Soon I will get another copy of the DVD. When the music was recorded the musicians were in their 70's and 80's. Hearing them perform you would never think that this was the case. The music is ageless. There are also related CD's from the musicians performing here. The talent of these musicians is amazing. I do not know how anyone could be unmoved by their music. To get these musicians to perform together was a milestone in music.

I also have a 4-CD collection of Cuban music. It is called "I am Time." I will write about that when I listen to it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment