Wednesday, April 8, 2015

I need to stop being shy about contacting friends

It is time for me to get over my shyness about calling or texting friends. Part of this is from a lack of self confidence. Other people may need me to reach out to them as much as I need them to reach out to me. I try to build up the self confidence of others, but I tend to forget to do this for myself in some areas. I value the friendship of others, but I sometimes forget that the friendship I give to others has value too. It goes both ways. Both of us are giving and receiving in true friendship. I need to stop undervaluing the friendship that I have to give. I like it when friends contact me unexpectedly. I forget that I can do the same for them, and they might feel the same way that I do. I tend to see myself as less than. It is time for me to stop doing this. Just because I like to be submissive in some relationships not mean that I have less worth than the other person in the relationship. In those relationships I am submissive, because I have something to offer. Now that I have come to this realization I have to remember to act on it. I value friendship from others, but self worth can only come from myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment