Friday, April 10, 2015

Getting More Respect at Work

People at my workplace are learning that I am willing to help other people as long as they treat me with respect. I treat other people with respect, and I expect the same in return. At first there were some people who tried to boss me around. These were people who were not in supervisory positions. That does not mean that I think that supervisors should be disrespectful. A bad attitude from them can be reflected in the attitude of the workers. Sometimes I do say no to someone who politely asks me to do something that they could easily do for themselves, This is especially true if I am doing what I am supposed to be doing. I do not tolerate someone talking to me hatefully. Those who do that definitely do not get any help from me, and I let them know why this is the case. I always believe in doing the best job that I can. If I need help I ask my supervisor to have someone help. I try to do this politely, but sometimes this is hard to do when I am tired and feel overwhelmed. I have been working long hours, and this is taking a toll on me. People are learning that I am a dependable worker, but I am not going to take shit from anybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment