Monday, December 29, 2014

Another Rambling Post

I wish I could get two days in together off from work. It seems that I don't get as much accomplished when the days aren't together. That may not be the case, but it seems that way. I feel more rested when I get two days off in a row. Hopefully I will be able to do that soon.

I am listening to Bára Basiková. "Nová Gregoriana" is the name of the CD. This is the one that I mentioned in an earlier post. I went to the Bonton Superstore in Prague looking for it, and I hoped that I would be able to find it, and it was playing on the sound system. She has a beautiful voice. This CD is Europop. She has performed as a solo artist and with other people and with groups. She recorded with a group called Stromboli in the 80s.

I had to be careful when going into the Bonton Superstore, because I always saw too many CD's that I wanted to buy. I bought another CD by Bára Basiková and one by Tři Sestry. I made the mistake of loaning those CD's to someone who never returned them. I wish I could have bought at least one CD by Daniel Landa. There were some compilation CD's of country music in Czech. I wish I had bought one of those too, mostly as a novelty. I might enjoy the music on its own merits as long as it is not pop country.

Sometimes I do listen to types of music in other languages when I would not listen to the same genre in English. I know that may be silly, but it's the truth. I am not going to analyze too much why this is true. It's not that big of a deal. I do listen to Europop in English, but I prefer it in other languages. I have some Europop in Greek too.

Here comes another day during which I am not going to take any shit from anybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment