Sunday, December 28, 2014

Manau, Gionny Scandal, Εντάσση (or Εντάση not sure which, Entassi)

I am listening to Manau, a French hip-hop band from Brittany. Their name comes from the old Gaelic name for the Isle of Man. Their music is a blend of Celtic music and hip-hop with the influence of other genres such as jazz.Their instruments include bagpipes, violin, musical saw, harmonica, etc. Some of their songs are very funny, such as "Faut pas faire chier Mémé." It is about an older woman who is armed and does not put up with shit. "Tout le monde... (a besoin de tout le monde)" is a more uplifting song. Another humorous song is "Des kilos" that is about working out and losing weight. Some of their songs are very touching, and some of them make me want to move to the music. "Je jazz les couleurs" features Dee Dee Bridgewater, the amazing Jazz singer who sings in English and French.  I cannot say that I understand every word that they rap or sing, but I challenge anybody to understand that Snow (remember him, the Canadian guy who had the hit "Informer?") rapped.
Gionny Scandal is an Italian rapper whose music I like. His music is only available as MP3 in the United States and on YouTube. Not only is his his music a lot of fun, he is very sexy. I will get the MP3's when I have enough money.One thing I like about the videos is that I can enjoy his music and see him at the same time.
Entassi is a Greek rap group. I do not know what their songs are about, but I enjoy their music. I have a CD by them.I do not know if they have released any others. Their music definitely reflects the influence of American hip hop. I cannot find anything abut them. I wish I could find out about them and find more music by them. I bought the CD that I have from a company that sold Greek music and films.


No comments:

Post a Comment