Saturday, December 13, 2014

I Tell Other People that What They Can Do Is More Important than What They Cannot Do, I Need to Apply that to Myself

I have spent too much time focusing on what I can't do instead of what I can do. I have talked about that being important for others to do for themselves and in regard to other people. I need to start doing that for myself. Maybe by sharing my different point of view I can provoke thought. There must be other people who view things in a similar way. Maybe I can help others to realize that they are not alone in the world. One of the good things about Facebook is that I have been able to get in touch with people all over the world who share some of my views. I may be alone where I am, but I have friends all over the world. I wish I could meet some of them in person, but knowing that there are like-minded people helps me to feel less alone. I hope I can do the same thing for other people. If I can help others to feel better about themselves I will have reached one of my goals. I know that I still have friends in Kansas, and that helps me a lot. I have a tendency to forget that the benefit from these friendship flows both ways. I need to remember that I have things that I can give and do give to other people. The people who treat me like I am strange need to learn how much of an asshole I can be. I just need to keep in mind that some people are not worth that effort. I am not saying they are not valuable as people just that I cannot let them affect how I feel about myself. Well, I really cannot let what others feel about me affect how I feel about myself. It is not always easy to be an asshole, so I have to choose wisely when to be one.

No comments:

Post a Comment