Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Growing More Radical with Age not More Mellow

Some people mellow with age, not me. I am getting more radical. (I still think of radical signs in mathematics when I see that word.) Well people usually get shorter too, but I got an inch taller after reaching 50. Don't be surprised if you see me involved in protests at some time. I am getting less and less timid with the passing of time. I am speaking out more for the causes in which I believe. Instead of regretting not speaking out before now I am starting now. I do not know how much of an impact I can make with this blog, tweeting and on Facebook, but I am going to do voice my views. Sometimes things need to be said again and again until a change takes place. There are situations I want to learn more about. One of the group of people about whom I want to learn more is the Roma (gypsies). I believe that they face unfair discrimination in many countries. I am against discrimination is any form. My eyes were opened to them mostly by a documentary I saw about Eugene Hutz, the lead singer of Gogol Bordello. He went to some Gypsy settlements when he was travelling through Ukraine. I believe his roots are Gypsy. He calls the music of Gogol Bordello Gypsy Punk. I am concerned about the treatment that gypsies get. No group of people should be treated as inferior to another people.
I am still discovering who I really am. I do not know if I will ever be able to travel though Eastern Europe, but that is where my heart is.

No comments:

Post a Comment