Thursday, December 11, 2014

Why the Fascination with Celebrity?

One thing I have never understood is the fascination with celebrities. This is nothing new. It is just that images and news are circulated much faster now. People for many years have wanted to be close to royalty. In France the queen, I do not remember which one, was giving birth. There were so many people pressed into her bed chambers that a window had to be broken so that she could breathe. On Yahoo and other sites there are often photos of celebrities trying to go about their daily lives. I have enough to do without worrying what a celebrity wears to the grocery store. People are critical of the Kardashians and their reality shows. I just don't watch them. I do not know much about them and the many reality shows on television. Instead of criticizing them for doing these shows it would be better just to stop watching them. I have never watched TV much anyway. These shows would not be televised if there were not people watching them. If the people watching them complain about the content of these shows they only have themselves to blame. As I say about other things in film, music, books, etc. if you don't like something move on to something you do like. If you don't like how a celebrity dresses or looks keep your opinion to yourself. Just because they are in the public eye does not make them less human. It does not make them anyone's property to be criticized and ridiculed by unkind, usually anonymous douchebags. Before posting something unkind about anyone, celebrity or not, one should think about how they would feel if someone said the same thing about them. If you find yourself obsessed with celebrities it is time to start living your own life. I am not living as fully as I want, but I am working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment