Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Big Dreams of an Eastern European Wedding

It might be premature to think of what kind of wedding I want to have when I have not the man I am going to marry yet, well not in person yet. I want to have one like ones I have heard about in Eastern Europe. I want it to be a real celebration lasting lasting three days with plenty of vodka and herring. I mention the herring from a song, "American Wedding," by Gogol Bordello. I hope I can find a man who will be open to this idea. I want it it to be an occasion of joy, and I want to have a man to whom I can show love in front of my friends and family. I would want it to be a multicultural event. I do not want any negativity there. It would be great if we could have a gypsy punk band or someone like Hank Williams III. I would want it to be an occasion where everybody there can feel free to be themselves. It would be awesome if it could take place in Slovakia or Ukraine. I may as well dream big. Maybe we could have Babička or Sobieski wódka and Czech beer. The main idea is not to get everybody drunk, but I would want everybody to enjoy themselves. I would love to hear a crowd of people speaking different languages. I would not want to leave out anyone who want to be there, so while I am dreaming big I could plan on helping out the people who could not afford to be there without assistance. I would not want to exclude anyone who wanted to be there. No one will be turned away for not dressing for the occasion. Whatever people feel like wearing will be appropriate attire.
In case you are wondering, this post was inspired by the Gogol Bordello song I mentioned above.
I am in a much better mood today. When I do not eat enough I get a bit down. Also listening to Gogol Bordello always improves my mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment