Sunday, December 21, 2014

Oh No, This Shit Again, Really? Oh Well

We are often told that there are things about ourselves that should not be revealed to others, but as we reveal things about ourselves we soon find others with whom we have things in common. I would not reveal anything about someone else without consent. As I reveal more about myself I feel more liberated. Keeping things hidden inside me becomes a burden to me. If I worry that other people might not like me because of what I reveal I am letting them have power over me. I do not want to hurt anyone else with what I say, but I do not want to hurt myself by keeping the things that make up who I am. I am the only one with whom I spend all of my time. The most important thing is for me to be comfortable with who I am. This has been a long journey, but it is a journey that is worth taking. I am not asking everyone to accept everything about me, and I am not asking for anyone's permission to reveal the things that I reveal. I have to admit that I do have a fear of this blog becoming too much like a reality show. I have seen very few reality shows, so I do not know if this is a possibility. I do want the things, aside from the fiction and poetry, to be a realistic portrayal of who I am, warts and all as some people say. If I write about something I regret having done I am not going to continue regretting that action. Regret is a weight that I do not want to bear. If I write about something that caused me pain I let the pain go. I am not going to let anyone else cause me to feel shame. I refuse to let anyone have that power. I have allowed others to make me feel bad at times, but I do not want to do that any more. I do have some fun and some funny things that I am going to write about. To quote the last words of Caligula, my favorite of the Caesars, "I'm still Alive." Yes, I know that he did not say it in English, but I don't feel like looking up the Latin right now. Fuck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment