Monday, December 15, 2014

I Am Learning Who My Real Friends Are

I am still not sure what I am going to do, but I am working on it. When we are going through hard times we find out who our real friends are. I understand people get busy with their own lives and have problems of their own. I don't need for people to tell me what I cannot do. I need to focus on what I can do. Many people, if they listened to the naysayers, would not have accomplished what they did. I have been telling myself these things for long enough. I do not need other people to tell me the same things now. It's funny that people who preciously said I have always believed in your talent and intelligence before now are saying things that make me think that they were not telling me the truth. I have enough self doubts. I need to have people around me to encourage me and offer emotional support. I understand they are trying to be helpful, but the only advice I want now is from people who can give me advice on how to get things published. I do not need to be told that I may have to keep working a traditional job. I know that already. I do not need to be told that few people are able to make a living writing. I already know that. I still have other ideas on how I could make money in a non-traditional way. I am not giving up. Things will get better. I am just going through a rough patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment