Sunday, February 15, 2015

Christians Do not Have a Monopoly on Love

Why is it that some Christians think that Christians think they have a monopoly on being loving and caring. Recently someone said to me that she was shocked to learn that Robert Redford is an agnostic, because he cares about the earth and the life on it. I had a hard time keeping my mouth shut. I knew that with this person to say that there are people of all religious persuasions who are who are loving and caring would only lead to an awkward conversation. Gandhi and Malala Yousafzai are two examples that quickly come to mind. There have been perpetrators of hatred who called themselves as Christians. The Crusades come to mind. That is an example of great evil committed in the name of God. I know that there are atheists who are loving and caring. It angers me when people act as if those who do not believe as they do are incapable of loving. All people have the capacity to love, and they do not have to believe in a deity to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment