Thursday, February 19, 2015

Writing This Blog Is not an Act of Courage

There have been some people who say that I am courageous in opening up as I do in this blog. I just got tired of hiding who I am. Hiding the truth is similar to lying. It takes less effort to tell the truth than it does to lie. If you lie you have to remember the lie you told to be consistent. The truth is easier to remember. My views on politics, religion and sex may change from time to time, but I am not going to lie about these things to make other people comfortable. I do hope that I do not become close minded. My mind has become more open over the years. I just have to protect myself from toxicity. Being open minded does not mean accepting any idea that comes along. Hate and intolerance are toxic. Focusing on what cannot be done instead of what can be done is toxic. I do not have time to waste in being around people who will are filled with negativity and only are able to see their point of view. I do not expect friends to agree with me about everything, and I want to have friends who will focus on our common areas of interest instead of differences. I do not want to try to be clever, because that can be tiring. This is especially true in conversation. I would rather be truly present to the person with whom I am talking instead of trying to figure out something clever to say. People who try to impress other people usually bore me. For me simplicity is the best route in writing and in speaking.

The writers and artists are those who risk their lives to speak up for their believes. Malala Yousafzai, Akram Raslan, Victor Jara, Sophia Scholl, Dietrich Bonhoeffer and others who risked their lives for their beliefs are the courageous ones. I am just an asshole who doesn't give a fuck what other people think.

No comments:

Post a Comment