Friday, February 6, 2015

If Anybody Wants to Know About Me I Am an Open Book

Apparently someone where I work looked at my Google profile and was surprised to learn that I am gay. Someone with whom I occasionally talk mentioned this to me. I just wonder why this person looked me up on Google instead of talking to me directly. When I wore my "Free Pussy Riot!" t-shirts apparently some people did not know who Pussy Riot! are. They thought it was something sexual. Instead of asking me they giggles about it. Oh, well. That seems rather immature. I know that one of the people who works in the office there knew who they are. She said that she liked the shirts. If people at work do not want to talk to me on break or during lunch. I cannot let it bother me. I really do not have a lot in common with many of my coworkers. This is not a question of good or bad. It is just the way it seems to be. I am there to work and to do the best job that I can. I may not make much money, but that does not mean that I do not want to do the best job that I can. I am available to others if they want to talk, but I am not going to force myself on anyone. I am happy with myself, and that does not depend on what other people think about me. I treat others with respect, but I will not tolerate other people treating me disrespectfully. Sometimes the only thing I can when someone treats me with disrespect is to have as little contact with that person. I cannot allow it to affect how I feel about me. I am who I am, and I am not going to hide it.

No comments:

Post a Comment