Monday, February 23, 2015

The Beginning of What is Probably Going to Be a Long Day

I have a feeling that this is going to be a long day, but i'm going to make it through it. I am still sore from a few long days of work, but not my back does not hurt as much as it did the night before last when I woke up during night and it took me several minutes to figure out what day it was. It took me a couple of minutes with my cell phone to figure out the day and whether I had my alarm on it set. I could not get comfortable on my bed. These things did not last very long, but I need start to feel a bit scared.

Sometimes I have to keep my mouth shut when I hear some of the idiotic things people say at work. The other day a young woman said, "That's what gay boys do. They socialize with girls." I would have said something, but I knew what her response would have been, " I wasn't talking to you, so mind your own business." That is one of her favorite things to say. I socialized with girls in schools, because most of the gay guys acted like they did not want anything to do with me. Anyway what the person at work said did not make a lot of sense. Some gay men may socialize with women, but not always. The only thing that gay men all have in common is that we love and/or have sex with other men. The other day I laughed along with some Mexican women at a guy who spoke of Taco Bell as serving Mexican food. It is barely edible, and it definitely is not Mexican food. It is barely real food.

I do not know how my accent will sound today when I speak, but I don't give a fuck. As long as I can express myself intelligently I will be fine. If people wonder why I talk the way I do let them wonder.

As I said before: this is going to be a long day. I will find humor where I can, and when necessary educate.


No comments:

Post a Comment