Sunday, February 8, 2015

I Am Keeping My Head Up and Focusing on What I Can Do

I may not be happy with my current circumstances, but I cannot let that keep me from keeping my head up. I need  to focus more on what I can do instead of what I cannot do. I can continue to be a friend to the friends I have met in person and spent time with.  I can continue to be a friend to those I have only met online. I can speak up against injustices in this country and in other countries. I will continue to speak out for better conditions for workers all over the world. I do not know how much good it does to sign petitions about these things and to share them on Facebook and Twitter, but I will continue to do so. Wherever there is injustice we need to speak out against it. We need to stop buying from The Gap, WalMart and other companies who profit at the expense of people living in poverty because of their greed. Remember there have been many deaths in Bangladesh because of the unsafe working conditions. These people died making products for American companies. These companies only care about their own profits. This needs to be stopped. I will continue to fight for human rights for all people.

I am happy with who I am, but that does not mean that I do not want to to continue to grow as a
person and to fight for the happiness of those who are marginalized and oppressed.

I will also fight for immigration reform. I am not sure yet what I need to do. There must be a reason why I am working in a place where most of my coworkers are immigrants. I am getting first-hand knowledge how workers are being exploited, but it is nothing compared to how workers are exploited in countries ;like Bangladesh and Indonesia.

One good thing about this country is that I am able to speak out against injustice.

No comments:

Post a Comment