Monday, February 9, 2015

Reminding Myself of My Goals

I have to keep reminding that I want to move towards a goal instead of moving away from circumstances I do not like. I may have to give up some possessions that I value, but I have lost objects I values before. Sometimes when we own too many things we end up being tied down by them. I want to move towards being in a place where multiple languages are heard. I want to see if I will can become a real part of the community in another country. I want to move to real fluency in other languages. I want to wake up in the morning and hear a language other than English. Perhaps part of why I am learning what it is like for immigrants here is to prepare me for what being an immigrant in another country. I know it will not be exactly the same. I know that I will not find real happiness if I depend on outside circumstances to make me happy. I will only find true happiness within. I know I write these thing often, but I have to remind myself. I will need to remember that I will make mistakes when learning other languages. I need to remember to learn from mistakes and laugh at them. I do not need to fear making them. I want to move towards being a true citizen of the world instead of being the citizen of one country. I look forward to sitting in a pub drinking Polish piwo or wódka and eat Polish sausage then to suck on a Polish man's sausage. For too long I lost sight of my dreams. My eyes are open now.

No comments:

Post a Comment