Thursday, November 6, 2014

kurva kurwa курвa It's fun to use my brain

I am finding it very enjoyable to read books that make me think ans learn. That does not mean that I do not also enjoy light reading as well. If find that reading a challenging book is worth the effort. I can enjoy reading Tucker Max or Slavoj Žižek or Quentin Crisp.
I am working a job that does not require a lot of mental effort, so I fink it helpful to stimulate my thought process in different ways. I mentioned some of these ways yesterday. I find it enjoyable to try to find different ways of saying things in other languages. Sometimes I imagine letting flow of profanity in various languages. One useful word is "kurva" (or kurwa or курва). It means whore in various languages, but it sometimes seems to serve as a multi-purpose word. In usage it is similar to fuck in English. Years ago I met George Takei, and we had a conversation in Spanish. We talked about the importance of learning languages. This was a very enjoyable conversation, in part because it was not expected. He taught me a Russian expression, but I forgot it. He would not tell me what it meant in English until there was no one else close by. Sometimes I have to remind people at work that I speak Spanish when they being obnoxious. It is amusing sometimes when they forget, and seemed a bit shocked when they hear me speaking it.


No comments:

Post a Comment