Monday, November 24, 2014

Legalize It

I hope that recreational use of marijuana gets legalized all over this country. The ones who benefit the most by it not being legal are the people who bring it into the country. It would be better if it were controlled by the government, like alcohol and tobacco. I would hope it would bring the proce down.  Mostly there are two reasons that I do not smoke it now. (1) I would not know where to get it. (2) I cannot afford it. It is legalized for very limited medical use in North Carolina, it can be used in pill form by people whose seizures cannot be controlled by other medications. The medicine I am taking controls my seizures, so I am not eligible for it. I would like to be able to smoke it to control them. There are some things I did when I was younger that I would not do now. They were a lot of fun, but I need to be more careful. At one place where I was working I had an hour lunch break. What we did was not the best thing to do, but it would help me to be relaxed during the afternoon. We would go to my apartment and drink a beer and smoke a joint. Well, I would drink a beer, a Pilsner Urquell, and he would drink a near beer, Bud Light. It was not a stressful job, but the weed never harmed my job performance. I would sometimes be half an hour late back from lunch. My boss knew I always got my job done and even more than I needed to do. There were days that I would work half an hour late off the clock, so he did not mind me being late occasionally. This was a rare occurrence. I was active at a church I was attending. Before services I would find people to do Scripture readings. We would have services on Christmas Eve. I had readers set up for the service, so I thought I was not going to have to do anything during it. I went to a Christmas party and we drank beer and smoked some. This was not a good idea. I got to the church a little late, and the one of the people who was supposed to read was not there. I had to do the reading. I was a bit uncertain if I was going to be able to do it. As far as I know no one noticed my state. There were people who would have complained to the Pastor if they had noticed. They would bitch to him about anything I did that they did not like even if it was known that they did the same thing. Smoking pot is also something I do not like to do alone. It is more fun with good friends.

3 comments:

  1. Not bad, Vlk! You should continue this blog. This is a good thing to do, and even if it misses the exact mark you hope to hit, it may at least give some food for thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam. My main goal is self expression, so I think I am hitting my mark.

      Delete