Friday, November 14, 2014

Some Books Rediscovered, One of my Heroes, One of my Favorite Songs, and a Note on a Hypocrite

I was very happy when looking through my books that I still have some books by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. He is best known for Le petit prince. It is one of my favorite books. Too many think that being an adult means limiting their imagination. It is with good reason that this book has been translated into many languages. I was also happy to find my copy of the collected poems of Nikki Giovanni. She is one of my favorite poets. I have introduced friends to her poems. I would definitely recommend her books.
I want to read more books by Vaclav Havel. He is one of my heroes for his role as a dissident in Czechoslovakia who later became president of Czechoslovakia then the Czech Republic. I admire those who stand up for freedom from oppression.
One of my favorite songs is "Non. je ne regrette rien" by Édith Piaf. I am not at the point where I regret nothing, but I am getting there. In 1979 I saw her grave in Paris. She had died in 1963. It was covered with flowers. There were several people there paying honor to her. Her songs and those of Jacques Brel move me very much.
I had a friend on Facebook  who was married to a woman and having sex with men. What brought about the end to our friendship was that he said it was sick for two people of the same gender to marry and raise children. He refused to acknowledge that two people of the same gender could have a healthy, loving relationship, yet he definitely did not have an honest relationship. He was cheating on his wife, and at the same time he pointing his finger at others saying they were displaying sick behavior. That's fucked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment