Friday, November 28, 2014

Some Not-too-Serious Thoughts from an Old Fart

I grew some facial hair to see how it would look. I need to shave it off again. It makes me look like an old fart. I may be an old fart, but I don't want to look too much like one. People say that age is just a number. I definitely do not want to be a stodgy old fart. I am not worried that that is going to happen. I need to find a hairstyle that fits how I feel. It may be something that I look silly or that I am trying to look younger. That's OK, I do like being silly sometimes, but I do not want to try to hard to look younger. People who try to hard to look younger usually end up making themselves look younger. I still have things that I want to accomplish in my life. I may not accomplish all of then, but that is not going to keep me from working on them. Life is a journey, but I do not want to arrive at my final destination any time soon. (That sounds like a cliche, but it's true.) The journey is what is important not the destination anyway. I have met some like-minded people on Facebook, and having a connection with them does make me feel a little less alone. It would be great if I could meet some of them in person sometime.
I need to set aside more time for writing on this blog. Sometimes it takes me awhile to get started, and before I get much written. I am going to fix that problem quickly. I know that not everything I write is terribly original, but that's all right. I try not to post anything that is not true. I am always honest about my thoughts and feelings. I need to work still on censoring myself less.

No comments:

Post a Comment