Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Why Do People Go out of Their Way to be Mean? Also Some Comments on Public Urination, Masturbation, Sexual Comments and Whistling

I cannot understand people who go out of their way to say mean things about other people. Someone on Facebook posted a video of Yoko Ono doing one of her more experimental songs along with unkind comments. Meaner comments followed. Someone said that he wanted her to be shot., he put "lol" at the end of the comment. I commented that there was nothing funny about that comment. I also commented that if they did not like something they should just not listen to it, because there are people who like her music. I also said that one shouldn't judge the entirety of somebody's musical output based on a short example. Yoko Ono has put out a large range of musical styles. I have seen cruel comments made about other people's appearance. If you don't like how someone looks, keep that opinion to yourself. Comments like this can be very hurtful to the person at whom they are aimed, and they have contributed to suicidal thoughts, A difference in opinion can be stated in a way that does not insult the person whose opinion differs from ours. I have laughed at photos of people taken at WalMart of people wearing unusual attire, but I realize that this is not a good thing. These are people who have feelings. We do not know why they went to the store wearing what they did. This is a form of cyber bullying, and this type of activity needs to be stopped. Before leaving an unkind comment, stop and think how you would feel if someone said it about you. I try to leave only positive comments. I have left some comments that I should not have. I do regret that, and I am making an effort not to repeat that action. My inner asshole comes out when someone goes out of their way to be cruel.

I am a feminist, but that does not mean that I agree with everything that is said by feminists. I have seen videos and comments where some feminists act like some questionable actions by men are aimed at women. In some countries men urinate in public places. I know that there are men who enjoy doing this. Sometimes it is just needing to pee. Some guys do this to attract the attention of other men. I have seen videos of men masturbating in public. This action is often a personal turn-on or an attempt to attract other men. I am not defending or attacking this action. I am just saying that the action is not always aimed at women. I am definitely not defending those who purposely do this aimed at a woman who is passing; flashing, sexual comments, etc. I am sure that it happens more often to women than it does to men, but I have been the recipient of sexual comments and whistles when I was walking down the streets. I have had women whistle at me, well not in a long time. How I feel about the sexual comments from men depends on the circumstance in which they are made.


No comments:

Post a Comment