Saturday, March 21, 2015

Daniel Landa, Orlík and Memories of Prague

I am listening to Daniel Landa. I would like to be able to find more of his CD's, but at least I can listen to some of them on YouTube. What I like most about the music of his group Orlík is their energy. They still remain a guilty pleasure. My favorite of the songs that I have heard from him as a solo artist is "Protestsong." What I like most about the music of Orlík is that it brings back memories of my visit to Prague. It was eleven years ago, but listening to them brings it back to me as if it were yesterday. I remember going into a small music store on Václavské náměstí and finding their CD "Demise." (I started with Daniel Landa, but now I am listening to that CD. It fits my mood.) When I went up to buy the CD the cashier was speaking to the customer in front of me in English. When I walked up, she addressed me in German. I could tell from context and the little German I know what she was saying. Often people think I am German, and she probably did not think that an American would buy that CD. When I left the store people addressed me in Czech, Slovak and English. I also have memories of listening to the CD while walking around Karlův most. It was just great to listen to that music while walking around Prague. Both of the places I mentioned are big tourist sites, but when I was there I was not treated like a tourist mostly. I was approached by one guy who tried to get me to let him exchange some money. He thought I was German or English. I could not convince him that I am American. Anyway, the video for "Protestsong" was made on that bridge. I also think that Daniel Landa is sexy. He is a skinhead, but I do not know how open minded he is.

This is going to be a good day even though I am going to work. I will not let the idiotic behavior of a few people affect my mood. I can only control my own reaction. I will just be myself, and they can go fuck themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment