Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Joan Jett and Nina Hagen

I am listening to one of my "theme songs," "Bad Reputation"by Joan Jett. I am happiest when I have this attitude. It is possible to be altruistic and not put up with shit. No matter what you do somebody is going to complain. Last night i saw that somebody had reported me to Facebook for posting nudity, but I had not posted anything that had gone against their policy. I have shared pictures of sexy men. I do sort of wonder who it was and what they reported, but I am not going to worry about it. Anyway, I remember when Joan Jett's first two albums came out, "Bad Reputation" and "I Love Rock 'n' Roll." I bought the second one first, as did many people. Her second one was the first by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts. I was drawn to the theme of some of her songs and her connection to the Sex Pistols. Some members of the Sex Pistols played on some of the songs on her first album. The first time I saw the name of her band, before I bought the albums, I thought they were Joan Jett and the Blackheads.

It is interesting to me that two of my favorite singers. Joan Jett and Nina Hagen, had connections to the Sex Pistols. I love the eclecticism of Nina Hagen's music. I prefer the songs that she has done in German, but I still like the songs that she has done in English. The first time I saw a video for her song, "New York New York," when MTV played music videos, the veejay said that "surprisingly" she had been trained as a classical singer. I thought, "What an idiot." That song combines rap and operatic singing, and it was obvious what kind of training she had had. I lost track of both of these singers for awhile, but I started listening to both of them again. They are different from each other musically, but neither of them worry about their reputations and perform the kind of music that they want to do. Unfortunately Nna Hagen's latest albums have not been released in the U.S., but they can be found on Amazon.

At times it seems that I have people accuse me more of "bad behavior" when I "behave," so I have learned not to worry about it. I have consideration for the feelings of others, but I am the one I have to live with all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment