Sunday, March 1, 2015

My Current Reading List

The next books on my reading list are In Defense of Lost Causes by Slavoj Žižek and Problogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income by Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett. I am still gradually reading The Making of Americans by Gertrude Stein. I think that is the best way to read it, because she spoke and wrote frequently about gradually writing the book. I seriously doubt that I will make money from my blog, but the book I am planning on reading may give me some ideas. I do not know if I ramble too much and lose my readers. I am not questioning the intelligence of those reading this. I am just not sure how my ramblings come across to other people. I think of when I heard Timothy Leary giving a lecture on computers and time travel. He did make some good points, but he did ramble a lot. I hope that my writing is more intelligible than his lecture was. There are a few more books by Slavoj Žižek that I want to read eventually. I do not agree with everything he has written, but he inspires me to think. I get excited by the stimulation that my intellect receives by reading his writing. I would like to be able to read some of his writing in other languages. I think I would feel intimidated intellectually if I met him in person, but that is not something I have to worry about. I also plan on rereading Myra Breckinridge by Gore Vidal. It has been too long since I read it. Gore Vidal is another of my favorite writers. I will probably continuously reread Tucker Max too. I want to keep my brain and sense of humor active.

No comments:

Post a Comment