Monday, March 23, 2015

Krysař, the Musical by Daniel Landa

I am listening to the soundtrack to Daniel Landa's musical "Krysař." I was happy when I got home from work and it had arrived. It has the lyrics, so I will be able to look at them as I listen to it. There is a video of the musical posted on YouTube, and I hope to watch that soon. I am thoroughly enjoying the music. I am not usually not a big fan of musicals. I do like a few of them. Daniel played the title character. He also wrote the music, lyrics and arranged and produced it. It has a smooth blend or rock and "musical" style of music. It has rock-style singing and singing that is more like the typical musical style.  The Title is translated into English as "The Pied Piper." It was first performed in 1996, and was directed by his wife, Mirjam Landa. The Soundtrack was released that year in two volumes. Now it is available as one double CD package. I will be glad when my Czech is better, and I can understand more of what is being sung. Seeing the lyrics while listening will help, and I will be able to tell more what the musical is about when I watch the video, but the title may be a big hint. Daniel Landa seems to have an interesting career. He had the skinhead band, Orlík. He has written two musicals, this one and "Tajemství." He graduated with honors from the Prague Conservatory. He has released solo albums.

I ordered this CD through Amazon.com from a store in Prague. They have more CD's by Daniel Landa, and I hope eventually to order some of the others. I am excited that I will be able to do this, but I will have to be careful to do slowly. I need to be careful with money.

No comments:

Post a Comment