Friday, March 13, 2015

Plans for the weekend: Studying languages, watching films, relaxing and sleeping late.

I need to spend some time this weekend studying languages. I will also watch at least one film in Czech, German, Italian, Polish, Spanish or another language. That will help with my comprehension, and I can enjoy watching the movies. I wish I had someone with whom I could practice speaking Czech, Slovak, Polish, German and Russian, because I do not want to mispronounce the words. I was told that what Russian I know I say without an accent, but I am still a bit insecure about my ability to properly pronounce things in these languages. Watching films in these languages with subtitles helps me with pronunciation, but I tend to be afraid of making mistakes. I would still be nervous about making mistakes with people who speak these languages, but I would not let my nervousness stop me from making an effort. I would want to know the areas where my pronunciation needs to be corrected and the things that I pronounce correctly. Eventually I would stop being nervous, maybe. I would like to be able to watch some films in other languages with subtitles in that language. That would be a great help in learning pronunciation. I would feel uncomfortable going to a country without knowing some of the language. I would want to adapt myself to the culture there. I would not want to expect people to speak to me in English. I would really like to travel to places where I would be forced to learn the language. That would be a very enjoyable thing for me.

I definitely plan on relaxing this weekend. I will probably sleep late Saturday and Sunday. It would be nice if I had someone with whom I could walk and talk. I will be able to do that again one day. In the meantime I will enjoy walking by myself. Maybe I will meet someone with whom I can converse. I have had a few conversations with people downtown when it is warm outside.

The t-shirt with the Slovenian flag on it arrived today. I bought it on eBay. I will wear it to work on Monday. I want to learn more about that country. What I have learned about it is interesting. I will write about that later when my brain has recharged some.

No comments:

Post a Comment