Sunday, March 8, 2015

Krysař, Music by Penderecki and Johnny Greenwood and Hockey Jerseys I am getting and/or want to get (redacted 16/3/15

I finally found a CD by Daniel Landa on Amazon. It is different from the music I have heard from him previously, it is the soundtrack to his musical "Krysař." It is hard to find his music in the United States. I wish I could understand Czech better so that I could understand what he sings about. I like the songs that I have heard by him as a solo artist. I am looking forward to getting the CD. I am also getting a CD by Johnny Greenwood performing music by Penderecki. Johnny Greenwood is better known for his playing with the group Radiohead. I especially like their song, "Creep." It is interesting to hear him playing this music. On this Cd he performed "Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima." This is a piece of music that I did not like initially, but I came to love it. It is not an easy piece to listen to, but it is fitting for what it refers. It was originally composed for string orchestra. A piece of music dealing with the bombing of Hiroshima should not be easy listening. Penderecki is one of my favorite composers. His music is very moving. Music can be very soothing, but it can make us uneasy. It depends on what the composer wishes to communicate. ( I was misread the description of the CD on Amazon.com. The CD has orchestral pieces by Krzysztof Penderscki and Johnny Greenwood. I will write more about the CD later this evening after I listen to it.)

I am getting a Czech hockey jersey. I am bidding on a couple of Russian hockey jerseys. I need to be careful not to spend too much money. I wish I had been able to see some Hockey matches in Prague when I was there. Maybe some day I will be able to do that. I look forward to being able to wear the Czech jersey, and I hope I will be able to get at least one of the Russian jerseys. I have one Soviet jersey, and it has been lucky for me. A very drunk Ukrainian guy bought me drinks in a club in Prague, because I was wearing it. I made connections with people when I was wearing it, and I might not have made these connections if I had not been wearing it. Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment