Monday, March 2, 2015

Starting the Day with Bartók Béla, Gogol Bordello and Planning on Not Putting up With Shit

I need to hear Gogol Bordello this morning. I wish I had time to listen to them and more of Bartók Béla. I was listening to the latter when I thought of the former. The reason for this connection was that Eugene Hutz had considered naming had considered naming the band after Bartók, but he did not think that many people would know who he was. I don't think many people know who Gogol was either. I am more familiar with the music of Bartók than I am with the writing of Gogol. Anyway the music of Gogol Bordello puts me in the mood for the type of work I do. This is especially true of "Immigraniada (We Comin' Rougher)." I had one job where I was paid "under the table." I was working with a friend, and we took over the job from a couple of undocumented immigrants. For obvious reasons I won't go into detail about that. It did help me to relate with immigrants to this country. I do not want to fit in too much in this country if it means conforming to behavior that does not fit my personality. I want so much to go back to Prague and immerse myself more in the culture there. I want some toasties, cod livers, steak tartar, real Czech beer and some Czech cock.

I would like to spend some time in Hungary. Bartók Béla is one of my favorite composers. I love the harmonies of his music. I know very little of the Magyar language, but I would be willing to learn. I only have one Hungarian film, "Kontroll." The harmonies of the music from there touches something in my soul and moves me greatly.

In regards to Gogol, he wrote one of my favorite stories, "The Nose." One of my favorite operas was based on that story. It was by another of my favorite composers, Shostakovich.

I need to go to work now, but I am in the proper mood not to put up with any shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment