Sunday, March 22, 2015

Patti Smith and Robert Mapplethorpe

Patti Smith is another of my favorite singers. I started listening to her music after she had released three albums. My favorite is "Radio Ethiopia." It is her most experimental. It is hard to believe that it was released thirty-nine years ago. She wrote poetry before becoming a singer. She had a relationship with Robert Mapplethorpe. He did the cover photographs for several of her albums. She is sometimes called the "poet laureate of punk music." I was introduced to her music by a friend who said it was good music to listen to when depressed. I had been listening to Janis Ian when depressed, and that can be cathartic in that situation. I can listen to both of them in any mood. Patti Smith's first single was "Piss Factory" which was inspired by her first job in a factory. My favorite songs on "Radio Ethiopia" are "Pissing in a River" and "Pumping (My Heart)" There is strength in her songs both musically and lyrically. I only have a couple of her albums on CD now. I want to replace the others. I never get tired of her music.

I have several books of the photography of Robert Mapplethorpe. The first photograph that I saw that depicted water sports was the one he did of two guys in leather with one guy pissing into the mouth of the other. He did some very sexy photography and some other beautiful photographs. He was also a very handsome man. He was very good at capturing the beauty of the male physique. Some people said that he objectified black men, but I think he was just showing great-looking men. One of my favorites is "Man in a Polyester Suit." It shows a man with his cock sticking out of the fly of his pants. I do love that sight. I imagine a man pulling his cock out of his pants for me to suck. I'll write more about his photographs when I get my brain recharged.

No comments:

Post a Comment