Monday, March 9, 2015

Hank Williams III

I'm starting off the day listening to Hank Williams III and checking my bids on Russian and Soviet Jerseys. I am not going to intellectualize why I am so fond of the music of Hank Williams III. His music is just a lot of fun. I agree with him that a lot of country music is a bunch of fucking shit. One statement about tastes with which I definitely agree is "De gustabis non disputandum est." Some people want to have disagreements about questions of taste. They mistake their opinions with fact. I also think that we do not have to be logical when it comes to questions of taste. I would definitely like to see Hank III in concert. I do not know how well I would fit ion with the people there, because I do not know how mixed his audiences are. I have heard that they are a lot of fun. I know I would definitely have a drink or ten at the show. I like his different styles from country to metal to punk. One of the things that I like about his music is the lack of political correctness. I have a feeling he is not as homophobic as he appears in some of his songs. He is a fan of G.G. Allin, and G.G. Allin definitely liked to shock in many ways including "singing" about different sexual perversions. He definitely was not the straightest person. I don't know if my stomach would be strong enough to take a G.G. Allin concert. I have some of his concert footage on DVD, and that's close enough. I don't think I want to meet some of his fans. I do have limits, but I have learned to never say never. If I had the chance I think I would drink with Hank III, but I know that won't happen, oh well.

I still have the winning bids on the jerseys on which I am bidding. One auction ends today. We'll see. The Czech jersey will be shipped soon. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment